Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

I hate the Bridal Boutique in Lewisville!

I bought my dress there in May, and had a pleasant experience.  In July I called to find out the ship date for my dress.  They took my name and number and promised to call me back, but didn't.  Finally, after the 4th or 5th time (over the course of two week) I finally got someone who was willing to look up the information right then.  My dress was scheduled to ship on September 6th, so I called Becky and set up an alterations appointment for the 17th, giving the dress plenty of time to get delivered.

Fast forward to today: They called and told me that the manufacturer has informed them that they will be closed for 2 weeks, so the dress won't ship until the end of September.  My wedding is October 21st, and I live 5 hours away, so it's not like I can just drop in anytime to pick up the dress.  As it stands I may not be able to go to my first fitting until 3 days before my wedding!  The store is not willing to pay for overnight delivery, and they won't refund me. All that they said is, "It's out of our hands.”

My sister called them back for me, to talk to them about overnighting the dress.  They wouldn't talk to her right then, just said that they'd need to call her back, which they never did.

I hate them!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I hate the Bridal Boutique in Lewisville!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Start with the threats and keep calling!
    Click Here for Bio Image and video hosting by TinyPic Married June 12, 2010!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Did you talk to the manager? I would keep caling back until they do something.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    rcpm44rcpm44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_hate-bridal-boutique-lewisville?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:4fa2a545-e62b-4099-bb53-b3eada716c26Post:dc93595a-7744-40bf-8088-6e7c8e882cb4">Re: I hate the Bridal Boutique in Lewisville!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Start with the threats and keep calling!
    Posted by Jay&Marissa[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Threaten to go to BBB, tell them that you are on The Knot and will give them a bad review...trust me, every major vendor knows what The Knot is!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely call back until someone picks up and demand that they find a way to get your dress shipped out from the manufacturer earlier. But the truth is, they might not be able to do much about it (though it doesn't seem like they're trying very hard).

Also, if you have to do alterations on your dress, 3 days before your wedding may not be enough time.
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with everyone here.... threaten and keep calling.  They can do something about it... make them!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It really is up to the manufacturer of the gown. As far as alterations, Becky Fowler had my dress ready in 4 days. If your seamstress knows your situation, I am sure they would be willing to work with you. Try not to be too upset. It will all work out. If you have to pay for overnight shipping, do it. The money out of your pocket will be well worth the reduced stress.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    keep calling and speak to the STORE manager. If he/she isn't a help get the district manager and so forth till you get answers
  • Options
    1fwdarlin1fwdarlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's awful. I'm sorry! When you paid for the dress was there a contract signed? There was when I bought mine and I know it had the delivery information etc in it... if you have one you can use that to force them to help you more or return your money. I know it wouldn't be fun to pick a new dress but it would probably be more reliable from they way it sounds to go with another place.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry to hear this.  I agree with the others to keep calling until you can get someone who can do something.
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    And can I make a suggestion?  Call yourself.  This is your dress so stand up for yourself.  Call every hour if you can and make yourself a nuisance.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Sorry you're having a bad experience. I got my dress there, and always got great service.

I agree though, it seems like it's out of their hands and it's the problem of the manufacturer at this point. They can't really help that the manufacturer will be closed for 2 weeks. Did you offer to pay to overnight it, since they won't? I mean at this point, do what you have to do, right? I don't know how much it would be to overnight a dress, or how far it would have to go, but I would imagine it would be expensive and I guess I can see why they wouldn't want to do that. They are a privately owned family business, so they don't have a "corporate" or anything like that. They might not have the money to just throw an extra couple hundred dollars at overnight shipping.

I don't know, just playing devils advocate here.

What kind of alterations do you need? If you don't need anything major, I'm sure Becky can rush it for you.

Everything will work out, I promise! Deep breaths!!

• Options
    brhinklebrhinkle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Something that my mom always taught me, and shes a vp of a company... always threaten to call a supervisor or corporate... and if not I 2nd the pps call call call, sometimes you have to be the biggest pain in their asses but theyll get soo sick of you theyll take care of it... who cares what they think of you as a person ( they have such bad service you would never go back anyways)

same thing happend to me in denton and i got put off for a month to the point i got a free tux thrown in...

the funny part i HATE confrontation, but everyone was mad i wasnt standing up for my dress!

Goodluck girl it will all work out!!!!!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I just recently bought my dream dress from Bridal Boutique Lewisvile,Tx. The experience was so enjoyable for me along with my mother, future moter in law, and my MOH. We had such a great time throughout the entire appointment. My consultant knew exactly what style looked right on me as well as making sure all my wedding dress details were met. I couldnt have picked a better place to have bought my dress. Our wedding is in Sep 2013 so i reserved alot of time for the dress to be shipped and then have plenty of time for alterations. So far my experience is 10 out of 10! Thanks everyone at Bridal Boutique Lewisvile for making my big wedding day wish come true! XOXO- Katie Laughing
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards