Flowers
Options

Pomanders!

Help!  How do I make or buy 20 pomanders without going broke??!!  We would like 5 inch to 7 inch balls, yellow roses, black ribbon.  We can't find good fake roses at a decent price and can't find a florist who will do them for less then 50.00 per ball.  Ouch!  Anyone have vendor ideas for this?

Thank you!!Smile

Re: Pomanders!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Micheals or hobby lobby for the balls and all your supplies. (sign up on their website for free coupons and hit there sales or watch for when they are doing sales. Which Micheals sale ends either June 26th or June 29th i can't remember)

and

samsclub.com or costco.com for the flowers
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Look on Etsy.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The problem with pomanders is that you need SO many flowers to pack them tightly enough to look good.

Are you set on roses?

Maybe you could use a cheaper flower to lessen the cost?  Mums, alstromeria, carnations....
    NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out this picture.... I too am going to need around 20 pomanders and was pretty upset when I realized they were going to be eating a serious portion of my flower budget! I was in Borders reading a DIY book and saw a picture of carnation pomanders, and it looks so similar to the hydrangea pomanders I wanted. Here is a picture, hope it loads! If not, google carnation pomanders... super cheap and easy to do yourself, and looks truly great! I'm so excited to have found this idea!

http://aweddingwish.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/green-pomander.jpg

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Well the picture didn't load, but the link I posted did, so check it out. Also, the book I was talking about is called The DIY Bride and has step by step instructions for making the carnation pomanders, including what supplies you'll need and in what quantities, and breaks it down for you how much everything will cost per pomander. There are a lot of other great ideas in the book too!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards