Flowers

July Wedding - What's is season?

My BMs are wearing midnight blue dresses, GM are wearing light grey suits, and I want all yellow flowers. My first choice right now are gerbera daisies.Good choice or no? Not really sure if this flower is in season.

Re: July Wedding - What's is season?

• You don't say how you are securing your flowers, so it's difficult to answer this question.

One of my husband's nieces got married on the 4th of July and had red gerbera daisies. That wedding was in Wisconsin. However, I'm pretty sure she used a florist.

"In season" means different things if you are securing the flowers on your own from bulk floral brick & mortar stores that grow their flowers locally, or online, or using a florist. A florist can almost get any flower at any time of year, due to greenhouses. The very expensive exception is flowers that have a 2 week growing window and grow based on Mother Nature on bushes, like peonies and lilacs.

I'm pretty sure you can get gerbera daisies in bulk online year round. If you are using a florist, then whether in season or not, they should be able to supply you gerbera daisies in bouquets and floral arrangements year round as well, since they order from some of the same online vendors that individuals do.
  • Thanks! I definitely didn't know how it worked but I will be going to a florist. I live in Wisconsin as well so it looks like I'm making a good choice.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_july-wedding-whats-is-season?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:28Discussion:6485276f-743e-49ff-857e-316ecfe6999aPost:b440245f-39d5-4590-a86d-66d3b53d9e08">Re: July Wedding - What's is season?</a>:
    [QUOTE]You don't say how you are securing your flowers, so it's difficult to answer this question. One of my husband's nieces got married on the 4th of July and had red gerbera daisies. That wedding was in Wisconsin. However, I'm pretty sure she used a florist. "In season" means different things if you are securing the flowers on your own from bulk floral brick & mortar stores that grow their flowers locally, or online, or using a florist. A florist can almost get any flower at any time of year, due to greenhouses. The very expensive exception is flowers that have a 2 week growing window and grow based on Mother Nature on bushes, like peonies and lilacs. I'm pretty sure you can get gerbera daisies in bulk online year round. If you are using a florist, then whether in season or not, they should be able to supply you gerbera daisies in bouquets and floral arrangements year round as well, since they order from some of the same online vendors that individuals do.
    Posted by Sue-n-Kevin[/QUOTE]
  • Google it! :) I don't think you'll have a problem getting Gerberas in July for a reasonable price. Just talk to your florist and tell them you want in season flowers. 

By the way... fabulous color scheme! My bridesmaids are wearing sapphire blue and carrying yellow and ivory flowers :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards