Flowers
Options

Ordering orchid plants online

I'm looking into buying potted orchid plants for our centerpieces, and I've found a few websites where you can order them and it is much cheaper than through the florist.  But I'm a little hesitant to do this since I'm worried they will look bad.  Has anyone ordered orchids online?  Any recommended sites?

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
218 invited image 137 accepted image 81 declined image 0 haven't said image
RSVP Date 7/30/2010

Re: Ordering orchid plants online

• Options
    flower_divaflower_diva member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    my opionion is not to.  The foliage is very sturdy but the stems and blooms are not. The stems are very brittle and many times the blooms/buds will be traumatized by shipping and will fall off.The plants are not attractive by themselves. In my opinion you are taking a real gamble doing this.If you do order them, have a plan B just in case it doesn't work out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In my opinion, you would be better off going to the florist area of a grocery store or a Wal-Mart or similar store and buying a potted orchid plant there. I received one as a gift for my home about 2 months ago, the blooms are still there and look healthy, and you only need to "feed" it 3 ice cubes a week. If you do it that way, the flowers only cost $15-$20 a pop.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards