Flowers
Options

real or fake flower petals for tables?

I just wanted your thoughts on real flower petals for tables? I prefer to get real but I wonder if they wilt after a few hours on the tables.  How long do flower petals stay pretty before they start to wilt?

Re: real or fake flower petals for tables?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would go with silk if you want them to look good all night. Especially if you are going to have them around candles or other heat sources.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Because you may not know about the allergies of all your guests, I would go with silk. And of course for the reasons mentioned of PP. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you're planning to do rose petals, you can also do freeze-dried, which actually look really good. And they looked great the whole night. I don't remember how the cost compared with silk petals though, but I prefered them because they are actually real. And the great thing is that you can order them ahead of time.

Hope that helps!

http://www.kiwicabbage.com
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ordered fresh for my cake table and silk for my aisle.  Since it ended up being so windy and our ceremony was outdoors, my even planner sprinkled silk petals on our tables and they were fine.  Here are some pics--you really can't tell much difference except that the silk were ivory and white and the fresh were white:

Fresh:

Silk:

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would definentely go with silk or fake flower petals. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards