Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

5K Wedding Looking for a Venue

I am looking to get Married in Late October 2013 on a Saturday.  Our budget from start to finish is 5K for we are saving and paying for this wedding ourselves.  I have a DJ at very low cost ( a coworker), some one to marry us for free and already two possible photographers both charging us around 750 for everything since both are expanding their portfolio for weddings (both are established just in children/babies/birth). 

Anyways, so now I have the search for a venue.  We are inviting 75 people (adults and children).  Which ads to be about 60 adults and 10 kids.  Honestly, I don't expect all 60 to show However, we are still planning as if they do.  We would like to spend around 3k for the venue, food and drinks.

I don't want a day wedding, it will be at night.  I know this is a bit harder to find (boy do I know) BUT don't feel it's impossible.  So far, we have checked out El Fenix, and Mattitos.  El Fenix has some pro's (like we like the roof top) however, given it's late October and Dallas well, it will be either cold OR warm.  The venue said they cannot hold the wedding and ceremony inside.  Also the fear of rain concerns me too with an outdoor venue for the ceremony.  We did like that with that venue we would have to rent our charges, have on hold a tent incase of rain, and we had to pay extra for extra hours. 

Mattito's, is douable, but we were not fully impressed today.  We are still trying to invision the look and how it will all work (tables and dancing) they are however, willing to work with ous to make the food and drinks to end up in our 3k budget AND we can have the ceremony and reception there at no additional charge and no other fee's.  But we are not in love with the size and look (anyone know of someone who got married there?) This one right now IS still on our list.

We are also talking to special moments, times ten, joe t garcia, are the ones that come to mind the most.  However, with times ten and joe t we need a seperate place for the ceremony.  I didn't know how HARD it was to find a place that was also affordable (we figured we could do about 500 if we went with one ofthese places).  Any idea on a place we could have a ceremony for that price maybe? 

Any idea's and suggestions.  I have already checked into a few other places but they were booked, and looked in wifery point but fear it's too much DIY and we would in the end, end up over budget.  It also seems like a ton of work!  But have alread checked into several places that I have seen on here.  We found that the golf course at firewheel is reasonable but they wanted outdoors and again (weather, cold, rain makes me afraid of outdoors).  Is there a place I haven't heard of, or missing ideas?

Re: 5K Wedding Looking for a Venue

• We did our whole wedding for under 5k. We did a Christian ceremony at my mom's church (less than $100) and a reception at an upscale western restaurant in north denton. Together, ceremony and venue + food was under 2k. I would focus on a restaurant reception and try to find a church that won't charge an arm and a leg without you being members.
    Married 6/23/2012 Photobucket
  • That's what I started doing last week (looking for a church that didn't cost an arm and a leg for non members) that had proven to be harder then I imagined.  I contacted a ton of churches and honestly didn't find a one in our budget for a church.... I am sure there is one out there so we are still looking.  If we can find a church it does open up a few more places for me to do.  So far yes, IMO I have found the restuarants to be the best prices for receptions.  I live in the Mesquite area, so right now I have been seeking places in the Mesquite area, Dallas Area OR Ft Worth area (since there was a couple FT Worth venues we liked).  Even the Plano area would be fine, but I would like to not go an further north then Plano.
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2012
    I agree you will end up way over budget at WP.  The only other one that comes to mind is Avanti at Fountain Place, but I think it's probably over budget.  Might be worth a looksie though.  Other restaurants Knottie's have used were Ferrari's Italian Villa and Maggiano's (although I think Maggiano's might be stretching it).

I got married on November 7 on our hotel outdoor terrace and it was perfect.  I wouldn't rule out an outdoor ceremony as long as there is a plan B.  I definitely think you're on the right track with a restaurant reception. FWIW, I have seen some really lovely receptions at Joe T's.  The brides usually use Marty Leonard Chapel for the ceremony.
  • Thank you so much ladies.  The guy marring us is a pastor, so FI is going to find out if we might be able to use his church for a small fee or donation (he already is marrying us for free).  If that is the case El Fenix will win hands down in price (that flip fee & cost of chairs) puts them over Mattito's.  Also Joe's Garcia is totally in the running.  I did check out Marty Leonard but it was a bit pricey (lovely though).  If we can get the ceremony place really it will just come down to which restuarant we like the best.  We already took a trip to try the food at El Fenix and Mattios, The last weekend of the month we are going to check out Joe's :)

Yes, Restuarants really do seem to be the cheap and easy way to go!  :) I am so glad that I found the suggestions for them on here :)
  • have you tried community or civic centers?
  • Great idea to ask your pastor about using his church.  I've found that most churches in Dallas are 1,000+ for non-members.  Addison Event Center might be worth a look for your reception.  Might be a little over budget, though.  It is very budget-friendly and all-inclusive. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh yeah, Addison Event Center apparently has a chapel too.  $500.00.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Also, check out Belltower Chapel and Gardens in FTW.  Very charming.  It is DIY but cheap and you can have it catered by whomever you want.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I already sent info for Addison Event Center, I am suppose to tour Special Moments in Lewisville, they swear they can pull what I want off so I figured I would give them a chance.  I havne't chekd out the belltower chapel and gardens I don't think so will do that! Thanks for the suggestions they are so very helpful!
  • Try Gather in Downtown McKinney. They do all the food themselves and can do the ceremony and reception. I almost booked there (but then my guest list grew to 150 and they can only hold around 100), but the quote they gave me was really reasonable.
  • Thanks I will check them out!
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_5k-wedding-looking-for-a-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:5008efa3-3ee9-421b-8634-410b125ef201Post:6d7f50c2-68bd-4629-aecd-8e8cb4a36ea3">5K Wedding Looking for a Venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am looking to get Married in Late October 2013 on a Saturday.  Our budget from start to finish is 5K for we are saving and paying for this wedding ourselves.  I have a DJ at very low cost ( a coworker), some one to marry us for free and already two possible photographers both charging us around 750 for everything since both are expanding their portfolio for weddings (both are established just in children/babies/birth).  Anyways, so now I have the search for a venue.  We are inviting 75 people (adults and children).  Which ads to be about 60 adults and 10 kids.  Honestly, I don't expect all 60 to show However, we are still planning as if they do.  We would like to spend around 3k for the venue, food and drinks. I don't want a day wedding, it will be at night.  I know this is a bit harder to find (boy do I know) BUT don't feel it's impossible.  So far, we have checked out El Fenix, and Mattitos.  El Fenix has some pro's (like we like the roof top) however, given it's late October and Dallas well, it will be either cold OR warm.  The venue said they cannot hold the wedding and ceremony inside.  Also the fear of rain concerns me too with an outdoor venue for the ceremony.  We did like that with that venue we would have to rent our charges, have on hold a tent incase of rain, and we had to pay extra for extra hours.  Mattito's, is douable, but we were not fully impressed today.  We are still trying to invision the look and how it will all work (tables and dancing) they are however, willing to work with ous to make the food and drinks to end up in our 3k budget AND we can have the ceremony and reception there at no additional charge and no other fee's.  But we are not in love with the size and look (anyone know of someone who got married there?) This one right now IS still on our list. We are also talking to special moments, times ten, joe t garcia, are the ones that come to mind the most.  However, with times ten and joe t we need a seperate place for the ceremony.  I didn't know how HARD it was to find a place that was also affordable (we figured we could do about 500 if we went with one ofthese places).  Any idea on a place we could have a ceremony for that price maybe?  Any idea's and suggestions.  I have already checked into a few other places but they were booked, and looked in wifery point but fear it's too much DIY and we would in the end, end up over budget.  It also seems like a ton of work!  But have alread checked into several places that I have seen on here.  We found that the golf course at firewheel is reasonable but they wanted outdoors and again (weather, cold, rain makes me afraid of outdoors).  Is there a place I haven't heard of, or missing ideas?
    Posted by mdtaylor1981[/QUOTE]

Have you tried Rose Chapel in FortWorth.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards