Flowers
Options

RP -Help with flowers?

I post over at the Milwaukee board and May 2011 board, but this is my first post here and I'm hoping you ladies can help me out!

Okay, so last night I had a horrible dream that our photog didn't show up, my DJ sucked and my ring started falling apart during the ceremony.  Ugh. LOL Guess I'm getting 1-year-to-go anxiety.  LOL

Which brings me to something that has been stressing me out to no end lately - FLOWERS.

I am not a flowery girl, unless they are in my garden outside. So I want to just say NO FLOWERS. It would save us so much money and it's one less thing to worry about.  We're going to have candles everywhere anyways for the reception, so why spend all that money on flowers?  Ugh.  But then I think - okay, the parents need them and the groomsmen.  I need to come up with an alternate to flowers somehow.

Any suggestions?
~ Missie

Welcome Baby Grace to the world! (via emergency c-section @ 38w2d)
2/24/12 12:03pm 5lbs, 9oz Birth Story
imageimageimage
image image image
Linky--> EP FB Group - March '12 FB Group <---Linky </b>

Re: RP -Help with flowers?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    There is no rule that says that there must be flowers.  I went to a wedding where the groom was HIGHLY allergic to most flowers.  Their bouts and corsages were were made with ribbons and seashells (beach wedding) and on the tables were lanterns in a pile of sand with scattered seshells.  It was beautiful and not a flower in sight.  A good friend made them from crystals and beads.  It was really different but TIME CONSUMING (I know...I helped) and heavy.  I just checked on Etsy and there are ones made from everything from feathers, to paper, to shells, to buttons.    You can use all kinds of things as centerpieces.  Check them out!
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What are your colors? You can do boutonneires and corsages with fern curls and "textural" things that florists work with.

Fern curl boutonniere

• Options
    msteph82msteph82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ooh, I  love those!  My colors are sage green and purple, so those are perfect!  Are they all from Etsy? I've been doing some digging around on there as well and found some kissing balls I liked, but I struggle with the bouts.  I just saved those images to add to my inspiration folders. 

Keep 'em coming ladies, and thank you so much for your help!!!
    ~ Missie

Welcome Baby Grace to the world! (via emergency c-section @ 38w2d)
    2/24/12 12:03pm 5lbs, 9oz Birth Story
    imageimageimage
    image image image
    Linky--> EP FB Group - March '12 FB Group <---Linky </b>
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Try driedflowersrus.com  they ahve some really interesting non-floral peices that i'm thinking of using!

• Options
    CA2MT4EveRCA2MT4EveR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Those are fresh greens, I don't think you can get those on etsy
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards