Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

chandler gardens in celina

Has anyone hosted or been to a reception here?

Re: chandler gardens in celina

• Options
    I found one Knottie review:

Venue: Chandlers Gardens  A+There was a storm that came through the night before the wedding and our tent halfway fell on us while we were decorating. The next morning when we arrived the tent was already back up and all of the debris from the storm had been cleaned up. Deborah was so nice and so helpful on the day of the wedding. She helped us with our decorations even though that’s not part of what they do.  She also refunded some of my money for the golf cart rental because she felt bad that some of our vases broke due to the high winds while we were setting up. This a great affordable venue for the do it yourself bride.
  • Options
    Here is the link to her pics:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Jordan-Fisher-Photography/283637422111

click on photos, and then Jalynn & Stephen's ceremony.
  • Options
    It's gorgeous!
    I seriously looked at having our wedding there but back out because I do not like where they moved the tent to, was uncomfortable with the restroom situation and the windy roads getting there. I have 2 friends that attended weddings there and 1 is mega-freaked out by porta-potties and they left the wedding early so she would not have to use them. Another couple did not even realize they had restrooms and also left early. I looked into having some of the nicer porta-trailers (ones with air conditioning) brought in but the cost would have negated the cost saving affect of the venue. Also, I was a bit uncomfortable that the coordinators on premises leave prior to the reception ending and leave you in charge of closing down the entire venue and doing ALL of the work. They literally instruct you on how to lock the gates. If you have family that can help out and make sure the place gets cleaned up, it's not a bad option; I didn't want anyone to have to stay late and "work". Another concern is that guests cannot leave cars there if they need to. We are serving alcohol and I just wanted everyone to be safe. The windy roads made my father nervous for the guests that may "over indulge".
    I know this is an overkill response and seams very negative. That is not my intention, everyone there seems so sweet & nice to work with, we just couldn't outweigh the cons with enough pros.
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback. Finding a venue us made more difficult by our being in Kentucky. CHandler gardens is out, important looking into winfrey point, Do y'all have any idea what it costs to decorate the space?
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_chandler-gardens-in-celina?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:5022ebf9-cf93-46e7-9d8e-7b9cca9815e7Post:305d1780-8572-4a80-a018-3a5c5dafa154">Re:chandler gardens in celina</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the feedback. Finding a venue us made more difficult by our being in Kentucky. CHandler gardens is out, important looking into winfrey point, Do y'all have any idea what it costs to decorate the space?
    Posted by lozafig07[/QUOTE]

It can be as much or as little as you want.  But be aware, since you are looking at completely blank slates (like the Space, Winfrey Point, etc.) to transform them into what you see on alot of websites is going to be expensive.  Don't get me wrong, these can still be inexpensive venues, but it will mean doing alot of the work yourself and if you want a ton of decor, the costs will add up. 

The DIY versus all-inclusive debate is one we see often.  I think most DIY girls will say it's worth it as long as you plan on doing alot of the decor projects yourself and you have help on the day of to set up and tear down. 
  • Options
    I'm having the same issue with Winfrey Point. It has so much potential, but by the end of the day, is it going to come out to be the same if I just used a facility that included the tables/chairs and decor?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_chandler-gardens-in-celina?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:5022ebf9-cf93-46e7-9d8e-7b9cca9815e7Post:7f5213a5-5126-4480-aaf3-6e701c3e10ed">Re: chandler gardens in celina</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm having the same issue with Winfrey Point. It has so much potential, but by the end of the day, is it going to come out to be the same if I just used a facility that included the tables/chairs and decor?
    Posted by mlarchweds[/QUOTE]

If you don't do alot of DIY decor projects, want lighting, draping, fancy chairs, etc. and hire people to do the set up, clean up and break down, then yes. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards