Flowers
Options

Verdict on silk flowers

I plan on having real flowers for the bouquets and boutenneires (sp) but we are working with a tight budget and I am thinking of doing silks for the centerpieces.  The flowers would be very minimal because we want a very modern look.  We are thinking a stem or two of silks in a tall vase submerged in water.  The kinds of flowers have not been decided yet but again, probably a very minimal bloom and leaves.  Thoughts about this?

Re: Verdict on silk flowers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    we're doing the same thing! i did a mock up of our center pieces for my mom to see the other day, and i thought they looked really pretty....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    MrsRegis2BMrsRegis2B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Great idea! I am doing the same (i.e., real flowers for bouquets and boutonieres and silk for centerpieces and cake)

I am also using fruit as filler. My colors are grape and kiwi, so I am using tall, cylinder vases with limes submerged in water, bunches of silk purple hydrangea at the top of the vase, and 5-6 silk calla lilies coming out of the top of the vase to give the centerpiece some height. You can do ALOT with silk flowers. I'm sure it will be gorgeous!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!  I think that it will really help keep costs down for flowers!  Sakelp- I need to do the same! MrsRegis- that sounds really cool and unique!
  • Options
    mclovettmclovett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm considering having a silk keepsake bouquet so that it can always be a part of my home decor.

What about the costs though?  From my research, many silk flowers are as much per stem as real flowers.  Is there a way to get around this?  Where are you finding cheap silk flowers?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Michaels seems to have pretty nice silk flowers and they are ALWAYS on sale (at least once a month, if not more often)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards