Flowers
Options

flowers

my dress is brown and fades into red at the bottom, with lots of colored beading. we plan to get married at a winery in october. i cant decide what color my flowers will be, any suggestions??

Re: flowers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would do either a yellow or burnt orange.  If you want to stick to the safe side you can always stick with deep reds to go with the bottom of your dress!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

I also think a deep red would look stunning, or even shades of red, rust, and burnt orange together.

It may sound strange, but a deep purple goes surprisingly well in fall themes, and sets off other colors very well.  Such as burnt orange, deep red, and just a touch of deep purple, or antique lavender.

Look up a color wheel on line, one that shows different shades of each color, and has an explanation of how to pick different color combinations (complimentary combos, analgous, monochromatic....)

• Options
    Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_flowers-28?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:28Discussion:74985478-5180-4e71-9b43-7f0b09394458Post:77f2a22b-5104-4099-95bf-dd88d41ab957">Re: flowers</a>:
    [QUOTE]I also think a deep red would look stunning, or even shades of red, rust, and burnt orange together. It may sound strange, but a deep purple goes surprisingly well in fall themes, and sets off other colors very well.  Such as burnt orange, deep red, and just a touch of deep purple, or antique lavender. Look up a color wheel on line, one that shows different shades of each color, and has an explanation of how to pick different color combinations (complimentary combos, analgous, monochromatic....)
    Posted by Catwoman708[/QUOTE]

I agree with the dark purple suggestion.  This really adds a pop of color that is a nice surprise and that is unexpected.  Dark purple lisianthus would be perfect for this...they kind of remind me of an open rose.  Also purple anenomes (hope I spelled that right LOL) would be really pretty as well.

• Options
    edited December 2011

Dress sounds gorgeous!  maybe something along these lines?  Maybe with brown berries instead of orange...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards