Flowers
Options

Input please!!

Hey! So I am planning on using Gerbera Daisies for all the flowers on our day! My question is, has anyone ever used these for their wedding, and hold did they hold up, cut, in water for our center pieces and outside. Our bouquets and boutoniors (sp) will be done by a florist, but I am considering doing the centerpieces myself.  We are getting married at the end of August. Thank You!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Input please!!

• Options
    Magdala9Magdala9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gerberas are very large for a boutinere.  You may want to pick another flower unless your FI loves gerberas too. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't use them for my wedding, but at home I find Gerberas to get droopy fast when just left in a vase of water.  I might not have been caring for them properly, though. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would use mini gerbers for the boutonnieres- the full-sized gerbers are really large as PP stated. You can use a wire and floral tape to give the stems some stability or they can tend to droop (as other PP said). You may also want to look at floating the gerbers and cutting the stem off all together for your centerpieces. Or using a shorter vase and keeping the stems short.

• Options
    andielizabethandielizabeth member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had gerbers in my bouquet for my sisters wedding last summer, they held up great. The only thing is if your wanting to dry it after to keep it mine didn't hold up well so I had to throw it away.
    image BabyFruit Ticker Created by Wedding Favors
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards