Flowers
Options

October flowers

I went to the florist when I first started wedding planning and chose all my flowers.  The more I think about it, I really want to cut back a little on cost.  Does anyone know what great flowers are in season during early October?  Or maybe a site that can help me out.  I dont want to change my centerpieces which are whitish green hydrageas with really pretty burnt orange roses.  The vase will be filled with cranberries.  So I am really just rethinking bouquets and church decor.  Any help would be appreciated.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: October flowers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Dahlias are in season late summer/early fall and come in every color you can imagine. Would be a great supstitute for either the hydrangeas (they come really big) or the roses.

Our centerpieces (mid-September) were hydrangea, dahlias and roses. Was a nice combo and not expensive.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks....I will ask about dahlias
  • Options
    AlbireoAlbireo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ooh, dahlias... nice thought. I just stumbled on this because my wedding is in October too.  I was told that mini calla lilies can be found any time of year... but maybe that just means they can be unsustainably imported at any time of year even if they're not in season where you are?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In NH....I may call the florist.  I love my choices but it just seems silly to me (a bargain hunter) to pay so much for flowers because I didn't think seasonally.
  • Options
    ros3392ros3392 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In terms of bouquets for me and my BM's I just told the florist what I wanted to spend on each item and she was able to accommodate it. I told her I wanted the absolute cheapest arrangements for the church. All in all I was impressed with my total!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married in October as well and have decided on Gerber daisies and roses for my bridesmaids and I.  My bouquet is going to be white and orange gerber daises with deep red/burgundy roses, my MOH is a smaller version of mine, and then my two BM's are going to have white, orange, and deep red/burgundy gerber daises.  For all 4 bouquets (and they are big, my bouquet alone has 24 flowers in it) plus 5 roses for the guys, it's only $300.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards