Flowers
Options

Allergic to flowers! What to do?

I am very allergic to flowers, I can't be in the same room with some types,  but I don't want to walk down the aisle empty handed. I am having a church wedding so anything cutesy is out. Does anyone have any suggestions? Know a good place to find fakes?

Re: Allergic to flowers! What to do?

• Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend purchased her bouquet on Etsy.  This is it:

Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm planning on doing fake flowers from angelsaccents.com .  The photo's of her flowers look real because their natural touch or floramatique.  I've ordered samples but I wanted specific colors they don't have, so I'll let you know how real they look in person once I get them.
  • Options
    Ashes_3Ashes_3 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have a lot of wooden flowers. They are so pretty!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Please do not do fake flowers, they never look good.
    I have horrible allergies so I understand, I worked with my allergist and florist and found there is a quite a large variety for those of us who suffer.  You will be surprised.

Good luck! and enjoy your day!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I disagree, I think fake flowers can look good as long as you choose carefully. I had a hard time choosing flowers for my upcoming wedding and after I visited several florists, I was really displeased with the amount of money I would be spending - which is saying a lot since I live in a smaller area so it's not as pricey. So I started looking around for silk flowers and ended up ordering some pre-made bouquets (BONUS!) from afloral.com. They just arrived today and I am beyond thrilled with them, they look beautiful. 

In my opinion, the flowers/centerpieces tend to be the one thing that people don't remember too well about weddings. Of all the weddings I've been to, I can only recall two different centerpieces. If you get good silk flowers, most people won't be able to tell the difference unless they inspect them up close, which some will do at the tables but that's okay. As long as you find something that you are happy with that you love - everybody else will love it too. But I do highly recommend afloral.com for silks - they look beautiful and their return policy is great and it's free shipping over $199, which you would more than likely spend for flowers for an entire wedding.

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There are lots of non-floral options. My bridesmaids will be carrying lanterns (our wedding is outside). You could carry a family bible or a favorite book. I've seen cute brooch bouquets. Offbeat bride has some really cool ideas.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the suggestions! I'll look into them and see what there is out there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards