Flowers
Options

artificial flowers vs. real ones?

Which do you think would be more affordable for a fall october wedding (vintage themed), artificial arrangements or real flowers?  I'm trying to stay on budget but don't know which would be more affordable or reasonable.

Re: artificial flowers vs. real ones?

• Options
    Artificial flowers that look real can be almost as expensive as real flowers. However, by using artificial I was able to save quite a bit of money because I was able to do all the centerpieces myself ahead of time. I still ordered real bouquets through a florist, though.

Total for my bouquet, four BMs, 14 centerpieces, an altar, cake table, and buffett table arrangement, I spent less than $250. That includes vases, too.

What types of flowers are you wanting? That can have a  big impact on cost as well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I was suprised by how NOT in-expensive silk flowers are!  Have you talked with a florist yet?  I was suprised by how low my quote was!  Bunni has a point though, it's nice to have them pre-made and ready to go! :)
  • Options
    PeavyPeavy member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    Mums and sunflowers are great for a fall wedding.  They are in season and inexpensive, and because sunflowers are so large, you only need a few to make an impact.

I'm not a fan of silk flowers.
  • Options
    Have you given any thought into doing non-floral centerpieces?  Not only can you DIY them if they are simple they will generally (not always) be less expensive then floral centerpieces.

Since you are having a fall wedding there are so many options available to you for centerpieces.  You can do different height cylinder vases filled with small gourds and pumpkins.  You can do larger pumpkins and gourds in the center of your table surrounded by fall leaves and votives.  You can use lanters and gourds and leaves.  You can use wheat stacks wrapped with fall ribbon.  Vases filled with nuts and a candle sitting on top.  The possibilities are really endless.

Here are a few pics...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards