Flowers
Options

Fall Flowers

I'm having a hard time figuring out my floral arrangements.  My bridesmaids are wearing black, so I don't want to do the the "traditional fall" boquet as I think it will come off as too Halloween-y???  The look I'm going for is simple elegance, but I still want to incorporate some color.  I'm not a fan of red, so I was thinking something like this:

http://www.projectwedding.com/photo/list/bensar1011?photo_to_show=1661472&thumbs_page=4

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!  THANK YOU!!!

Re: Fall Flowers

• Options
    Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Personally, I don't care for the look of the black and red flowers against a lot of white, it just seems ... incongruous.

You can use fall or vivid colors without using much orange at all.  You might try using vivid jewel tones, and limit the orange and gold flowers.  When I have a dillemma mixing colors and don't want it to look obviously fall or Halloweenish, I use more purple - it goes surprisingly well with many different colors. 

Against the backdrop of elegant black dresses, pretty much any colors would look great.  All white or ivory could look very stunning, elegant, and sophisticated.  White and pastels could look very pretty, or vivid jewel tones (keeping the orange and gold to a minimum).  Purples, deep reds, rust, magenta, just a little yellow gold, and maybe a coral instead of orange - would look great. 

As far as your bouquet, it can be the same colors as the BMs or just one or two of those colors. 
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A girl on my local board did black dresses with pink flowers and it was stunning.  Her bouquets were pink and white peonies and her centerpieces were a mixture of white, pastel pink, and deep pink (almost claret) flowers.  It was beautiful.

If you want traditional fall flowers, there are lots of options besides just orange like the PP said.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards