Flowers

Ceremony Flowers

I'm having the hardest time picking ceremony flowers my wedding colors are White and Gold ( I want white flowers) any suggestions or styles of how the ceremony flowers can be assembeled? 
The Future Mrs. Anderson

Re: Ceremony Flowers

• soozy87soozy87 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are a lot of choices. You can just have a single flower, a hand tied bouquet, a more flowing or draping assembly.

As for white flowers, it probably depends on what is in season and when your wedding is.

What style is your wedding? Do you have any sort of theme?

Lots of flowers come in white: roses, mums, hydranga, lilies, lilacs, daisies....
    ~May 21,2011~
  • Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where were you wanting to put the flowers for the ceremony? On an altar? Along the aisle? On a table somewhere?

I peeked at your bio and see you are getting married in May 2014. That's a long time to plan, and trust me, you will change your mind many times about the look of your wedding. I only planned for 18 months and changed my mind several times!

White asiatic lillies are lovely any time of year, and because they are grown in tropical climates and shipped to their destination, you can pretty much always get them.

For our wedding I ordered white asiatic lillies from Costco. You can get them online or order directly from the local florist who does the flowers for the local Costco stores. I ordered 70 stems of white asiatic lillies and I think they were less than $1 per stem, and each stem had 3-4 lillies on it. They are a tall flower and fill in nicely.

This is how they looked on our tables with baby's breath I also ordered and the grasses came with the lillies (the other half of the tables had white rose centerpieces).

• edited December 2011
    To give you an idea, please look at this, http://blog.bridesview.com/. You will find a lot of ceremony flowers and how they were arrange.
    Bridesview
  • Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you mean wedding party/attendant's flowers, it's up to your personal preference. Typically the BMs have small to medium sized bouqets, the groom and groomsmen, and fathers have boutionierres.  The mothers typically get a corsage or small bouquet.  Sometimes grandparents, ushers, and others that are in the ceremony might get corsages and bouts also.

If you mean the altar flowers, then it depends very much on each individual church or venue.  For a non-church venue it can be pretty much anything you want.  You might ask the venue management/coordinator for suggestion, or ask what other brides usually do.  You can also ask your florist what they recommend, or if they have worked with that particular venue before.

For a church wedding, always, always check with the church first, many have specific requirements/restrictions on altar flowers.  Most churches will either have a spot for one big arrangement, or might have two arrangements on pedestals, one on each side of the altar.  

To give more detailed suggestions, we'd need to know what kind of arrangements you're thinking of (wedding party flowers - bouts, corsages, bouquets) or arrangements (in vases, containers with floral foam, pew decorations, large, small ....).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards