Flowers
Options

Silk vs. Real?

What are your opinions on this? Any suggestions for websites to get silks or real flowers from? Thanks!
Pregnancy Ticker
2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books

Re: Silk vs. Real?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using all silk flowers because I am allergic, and am getting them from afloral.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am thinking fake becasue I think it's crazy to spend a ton of money on something that dies in 3 days that nooone cares about. I want to do it myself.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am doing silk because i'm a woman on a budget and just cannot bring myself to spend hundreds on flowers that are just going to die. Also silk flowers are beautiful and they last!
  • Options
    solemnlyswearsolemnlyswear member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used silk flowers and saved at least $1700. They looked great and I didn't have to spend any money to get my bouquet preserved. Also in my pictures you couldn't tell the difference, and I didn't have to worry about anyone being allergic and looking puffy for my pictures. I would go with silk, it's cheaper and they still look beautiful.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    bridetobe6411bridetobe6411 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using silks. I don't know if you have a Michael's craft store near you, but thats where I got all of mine. I literally saved almost $1000! Hobby Lobby is great too, they just didn't have the colors I was looking for.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Silk petals are cheaper and looks very good in photos.Here is a website with silk and freeze dried rose petals with very good prices . http://www.nypetals.com/p-16-1000-silk-rose-petals-burgundy.aspx
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards