Flowers

Help me with my bouquet?

I;m getting married July 27, and I'm having I'm having second thought about my wedding colors because I just can't invision a pretty bouquet with my colors

Can you gals recommend any flowers to methat would go with this? I'f I'm going ot need to change my colors I'd rather do it soon than later :/
PersonalMilestone Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Help me with my bouquet?

• Honestly, I'd keep your bouquet neutral colors like white and ivory.  Whenever I see photos of brides and their bouquets that are bright and colorful, my eyes are instantly drawn to the flowers, not the bride.  Don't let your bouquet shine before you.
  • There's no rules about bouquets having to incorporate every single color you have in your head about your wedding. I agree with JoanE2012, your flowers should complement the external colors, ie bridesmaid dresses, table top decor, etc.

White or ivory flowers with yellow accents, and greenery would pick up 2 of the 3 colors in your theme. White and yellow in July would be flowers like daisies, roses, mums, snapdragons, carnations, orchids, calla lillies.

You can pick up the orange-rust color in your table top decor.
  • what color are your girls dresses?   that is an important piece of information you did not supply.
    if the dresses are teal- mono chromatic flowers in yellow would be beautiful. the coper color is actually a shade at the far end of the yellow scale.  There is actually a rose called leonidis that has orangey bronze inner petals and creamy yellow outside petals.  JMO
  • edited September 2012
    My girls dresses are the teal color. So you think the teal/copper would be a nice contrast?
    PersonalMilestone Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_help-me-with-my-bouquet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:28Discussion:9df200bc-afce-4d0e-b4b2-fcf7e22e75dbPost:388a6268-29ba-4c67-a282-e80d4a13b3db">Help me with my bouquet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I;m getting married July 27, and I'm having I'm having second thought about my wedding colors because I just can't invision a pretty bouquet with my colors Can you gals recommend any flowers to methat would go with this? I'f I'm going ot need to change my colors I'd rather do it soon than later :/
    Posted by danielm18[/QUOTE]

<div>You can absolutely build a beautiful bouquet with those colors. That copper is a lovely contrast to the tuquoise. Dahlias, calla lilies, and berries can bring that pumpkin-y copper tone. You can do mostly ivory (peonies, garden roses, etc) with that mixed in. For the turquoise accent, I would suggest looking at a berry called porcelain berry. Your florist should be able to find it. <a href="http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/15/PorcelainBerry.JPG" rel="nofollow">http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/15/PorcelainBerry.JPG</a></div><div>
    </div><div>You can also add turquoise in with ribbon on the handle of your bouquet, or use satin ivory ribbon, with turquoise beads sewn on, maybe a wide copper horizontal stripe of ribbon with a turquoise button? </div><div>
    </div><div>Email me if you have any other questions. I'd be happy to help! I'm a bride and a florist! :)</div><div>
    </div><div>Lilli</div><div>lilli@bellacalla.com</div>
  • I love contrast, especially for the pictures.  If your bridesmaids are dresses are teal I'd stay with the yellow tones.  So many flowers come in those two other hues you have, mums, roses, antique hydrangeas, freesia...have fun with it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards