Flowers

DIY paper flowers- your opinions about colour, please!

Hi everyone,

My FI and I are making these paper pomander balls for our ceremony.  http://www.holiday-crafts-and-creations.com/pomander-balls.html He's very cute- totally into making these things!

The church we are getting married at won't allow any living flowers as pew markers, so we thought that they'd be great since they're colourful and paper.  We're wondering what colours to use, though.  Our colours are blue, purple (like plum) and fuschia.  We're wanting to re0use some of the pomanders as decorations at the reception.

We have made a prototype that is purple and blue, but are now thinking that one colour per ball may be better.  If we do two colours per ball, we were going to do each pair of pews purple&blue, and the next fuschia&blue. 

If we're doing each pomander as one colour, what do you  think about the order?  We're wanting blue as a dominant colour but want the other colours included, so shoudl we do  blue, purple, fuschia, blue purple fuschia, or blue purple, blue, fuschia, blue, purple, blue fuschia?

thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: DIY paper flowers- your opinions about colour, please!

• These look so cool! I voted for the multicolored ones. These could potentially take a lot of effort and time to make. So leave yourself lots of time to get this project done. Good luck and please post a picture of your results when you're finished! 

I would try also posting this to the DIY board as well since it's a little bit more active than this board. (When you post it again, write XP in the title to let people know it's a cross post) 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • a6a14173a6a14173 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_diy-paper-flowers-your-opinions-about-colour-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:28Discussion:b2d423ab-e22d-4d83-9f39-ab2e90985405Post:48315ca5-f2db-4e67-b5b3-9d46eb7915b9">Re: DIY paper flowers- your opinions about colour, please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]These look so cool! I voted for the multicolored ones. These could potentially take a lot of effort and time to make. So leave yourself lots of time to get this project done. Good luck and please post a picture of your results when you're finished!  I would try also posting this to the DIY board as well since it's a little bit more active than this board. (When you post it again, write XP in the title to let people know it's a cross post) 
    Posted by B2Z728[/QUOTE]

Thanks!  I will post in the DIY as well.  We're made 1 1/2 (but it's pretty easy to move the flowers around) and we're still 9 month or so out.  The plan is to make 1 a week, with a few evenings of help with friends thrown in!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards