Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

FFF

I flame FI's mom who still insists she's not coming to the wedding if his ex-stepmom is invited, and then hung up on FI.
Clearly we are dealing with 14 year olds.

Re: FFF

• Options
    I flame one of my sorority sisters for being so terribly hateful and selfish and broadcasting it all over facebook.
    Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-100?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:526ef866-c34b-4858-ba11-9b15daa7f3b6Post:6b99af23-7630-46ad-88a2-3d2c4bb1b177">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I flame one of my sorority sisters for being so terribly hateful and selfish and broadcasting it all over facebook.
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

Ugh. Sometimes I feel like people just need to listen to a few Beatles songs to get a perspective on life. All you need is love would be a good place to start.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-100?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:526ef866-c34b-4858-ba11-9b15daa7f3b6Post:c0658d91-d37d-4185-914d-16f2f3cd70db">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Ugh. Sometimes I feel like people just need to listen to a few Beatles songs to get a perspective on life. All you need is love would be a good place to start.
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]

Noooo joke.

As for FI's mom, I feel like I would call her bluff, just like I do with my ninth graders.  While it would surely be terrible to not have her there, there comes a time when you just have to say, "Fine.  Have it your way.  We're going to be over here at the grown-up table when you're ready to join us."
    Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-100?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:526ef866-c34b-4858-ba11-9b15daa7f3b6Post:fef1e3e8-41c0-4460-9810-9a2e32c2efae">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Noooo joke. As for FI's mom, I feel like I would call her bluff, just like I do with my ninth graders.  While it would surely be terrible to not have her there, there comes a time when you just have to say, "Fine.  Have it your way.  We're going to be over here at the grown-up table when you're ready to join us."

See, that would be my approach, but FI is terrified of not having her there, and being embarassed not having a mother-groom dance. When he brought that up to her, she said 'Well, won't *exSM* be there? You should obviously just dance with her.' She's so manipulative and she knows that he wants her there, so she's playing on that emotion. It's sickening.

It's going to be weird if his dad drives 8 hours, his ex stepmom drives 10 hours, and his real mom can't truck it down from Frisco for our wedding. I think it's just overall embarassing for him.
    I personally don't care at all if she doesn't come... I have no emotional attachment to her.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-100?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:526ef866-c34b-4858-ba11-9b15daa7f3b6Post:6b99af23-7630-46ad-88a2-3d2c4bb1b177">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I <strong>flame one of my sorority sisters</strong> for being so terribly hateful and selfish and broadcasting it all over facebook.

Are you in my sorority? ;) I was seeing sisters posting mean things this morning too. Very embarassing.

I flame my co-workers for bringing cupcakes to training and telling me out delicious they are while I am TRYING to watch my calories.

I'm sorry about your FI's moither...I agree that you should probably just tell her to grow-up and/or call her bluff. Surely she won't truly miss her own son's wedding!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Carrie,
    We actually did kind of do this with my grandparents.  My grandpa flipped out when he found out a) I had joined the Catholic church and b) we were having a Catholic wedding.  He called me up to tell me that he didn't agree with my decision, that I knew in my heart that it was wrong, and that he and my grandmother wouldn't support it and they probably wouldn't come.  I basically said, "I'm really sorry you feel that way.  I hope you'll change your mind."

He was pretty adamant and yelled at my mom about it a lot (like it's her fault or something), but in the end they wanted to come.  They missed, but because my grandmother had heart surgery a month before.  It sucked, but in the end we were still married and they missed out.  I think things are pretty well repaired now.  My grandma is now bothering my mom about when I'm going to have babies, which I'm sure is a combination of her wanting more great grandkids and also being worried that I'm too old to have kids (my mom was 25 when she told grandma she was pregnant with me, and grandma thought she was too old.  I'm 27 -- oh the horror!)
    Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to Re:FFF:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF:In Response to Re: FFF : Noooo joke. As for FI's mom, I feel like I would call her bluff, just like I do with my ninth graders.nbsp; While it would surely be terrible to not have her there, there comes a time when you just have to say, "Fine.nbsp; Have it your way.nbsp; We're going to be over here at the grownup table when you're ready to join us."Posted by professorscienceSee, that would be my approach, but FI is terrified of not having her there, and being embarassed not having a mothergroom dance. When he brought that up to her, she said 'Well, won't exSM be there? You should obviously just dance with her.' She's so manipulative and she knows that he wants her there, so she's playing on that emotion. It's sickening.It's going to be weird if his dad drives 8 hours, his ex stepmom drives 10 hours, and his real mom can't truck it down from Frisco for our wedding. I think it's just overall embarassing for him.I personally don't care at all if she doesn't come... I have no emotional attachment to her. Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]
    I don't think he should be embarrassed he's not the one acting like a child. She's being very selfish and not thinking of her son. I agree I would call her bluff and if she doesn't show up than he should by all means have that dance with step mom.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I flame anyone who isn't participating in the gtg discussion.  I'm not gonna make kt drive all the way to Plano if it's just the two of us!
    Anniversary

• Options
    I flame Dr. Oz and those stupid Raspberry Ketones. I'm tired of telling people we are out. I'm sorry customers but it's not a magic pill. Eat heathy and exercise.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-100?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:526ef866-c34b-4858-ba11-9b15daa7f3b6Post:855bce9f-85d2-4c17-9dd7-cf77cdc9f73b">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I flame anyone who isn't participating in the gtg discussion.  I'm not gonna make kt drive all the way to Plano if it's just the two of us!
    I don't mind the drive. It's not that far and FI has his kids this weekend. I really might need to get away..lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards