Flowers
Options

Non traditional bouquets

We are getting married in January, and wanted something simple and elegant. So I will have a dozen red roses, and my bridesmaids will have two long stemmed white roses. (Our colors are red and white). Has anyone ever seens this done, or is anyone doing any 'non traditional' stuff for their flowers?

Re: Non traditional bouquets

• Options
    edited December 2011
    sounds nice .. there is also a red rose with white on the outer petals called latin lady that is a showstopper... check it out ...
  • Options
    Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I've seen it done, and it was very elegant and tasteful.

I think they had a little greenery, and a ribbon of some kind around the BMs flowers,  and the bride's bouquet was small and simple.
  • Options
    Magdala9Magdala9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes.  

I was a BM for my friend and her florist was in a car accident on the way to the wedding.  No florist. No flowers.  The florist later took six months to heal. 

The BMs ran to a couple of local grocery stores and picked up roses and bud vases and ribbon and made the floral displays on the fly.  We had no altar displays but arranged for a single white rose for each bridesmaid.  A pair of red roses for the bride (which were presented to the moms as part of the ceremony)  We also put together simple bud vases with a red and white rose for each table finished with a big bow.

A couple of tips:
     *  Finish the look.  We finished the look with a big bow but it could also be done with a glittler bouquet pin for a fabric cuff.  The idea here is to make the look deliberate rather than as an after thought.
     * Use a flower with a strong stem.  If anyone is nervous, they can nervously snap the stem while walking down the aisle. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards