Flowers
Options

What to Do About This Room

Hi all-
I'm new to this board; looking to find out whether I can make something happen with this reception room. Haven't booked it yet, but it runs less than the other venue we're considering. However, it's going to need some decorating help if we go with it. This is not my forte. What I do know is the ceiling is low, the room a bit dark and bare. I've asked the venue; they referred me to the website but there's only one example of the tented area. And anyway, they don't work with email at all, so there's no option to be sent any photos :/

I have ideas for table centerpieces (something with candles/petals/rocks/etc. - would rather spend money elsewhere than on blooms); that a friend can handle. It's the bigger stuff- vines, drapery, lighting, etc., that I'm lost on.

Def open to specific lighting suggestions (I know "uplighting" in general, but where? How much is needed?) too, flowers (other than on the dining tables) elsewhere, vines, drapery, etc.- I guess this is more a "decor" question.

If we start running up over 2 grand extra (aside from centerpieces) for decor, this venue won't really be worth the savings. So if anyone has feedback on what stuff could cost approx. (but do let me know where you're from, so I can adjust accordingly to NYC prices), awesome.

I will consult a florist as well, but I thought it would be also good to get brides' opinions- perhaps there will be some DIY suggestions! If there's stuff we could rent, etc., we'd be open to taking charge. Because I'm just getting a feeling that decorating through a florist exclusively will get VERY expensive.

Thanks!

Dining room:

Another angle:

Adjoining tented area:

Re: What to Do About This Room

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Drat- the photos aren't showing, and I can't find a way to delete the post and try again (no option to delete at the bottom of it, for some reason). Sorry, girls! If I can figure out how to get it to work, I'll edit as soon as possible.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards