Flowers

Roses are Red Violets are Blue. But What Should I do?!

My wedding is in October of this year and I am having a little bit of issues, When it comes to flowers and what colors I should get them in. Our wedding colors aren't exactly "Fall" colors, they are plum purple with a dark Sage Green, and Cream. With those colors its kind of hard to figure out what I should when it comes to the flower and colors.

What kind of flowers should I use? Do they have to match my colors? Should I use at least one of the flowers in the wedding for my centerpieces, since they are called for flowers?  Im so confused on what to do! Please any sggestions would help!
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Roses are Red Violets are Blue. But What Should I do?!

• I think that color combo sounds GORGEOUS.

It will be relatively easy to find flowers in plum and colors that compliment it (like burnt orange) at that time of year.  My favorite dark colored flowers are dahlias, and that should be the perfect season for them.  You can also find small spider mums in green if you want to incorporate that.

Nothing HAS to match, it's all about personal preference.  Our colors are blue and purple jewel tones, so all our flowers are dark purples and white.  The flowers we're using in our centerpieces aren't appearing in our bouquets, the only relation they have to each other is color.

It all comes down to what you want everything to look like.  Nothing has to match, and the flowers in your bouquet don't have to be any particular color, unless you think it has to.
  • I never figured Dahlias, I've seen many cala lillies but I wasn't to kean on those. I am going to look at some of the Dahlias and mums, that sounds like a great match.

Well the reason I was asking about centerpieces is I seen these already put together peices, but had nothing in common with the season nor schem of things! Thanks for the imput!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I can't think of the name right now, but there is a type of rose that's kind of greenish cream on the bottom with purple tipped petals. It's all dark, not like it's been dyed or anything. Sorry I'm blanking on the name, they are gorgeous!

Calla lilies, dahlias, hydrangeas are all pretty.

Succulents are popular now and fit your color scheme SO well!
  • Oh that sounds so pretty! I am going to research the rose and see what I can come up with!  Now I have a lot of ideas reaming through my head! Thanks a lot girls!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • kmclean29kmclean29 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    They don't have to match neccessarily.  Ask your florist for suggestions.  Calla lilies come in a dark purple color and you could pair it with a dianthus for green??  If they match the bridesmaids dresses too closely, they will fade into the dress when you take pics, so maybe incorperate an ivory or white
  • I've seen some really beautiful bouquets made from plum-colored cymbidium orchids.  If you want to go simpler, you can always have cream-colored roses with mums or dark gerbera daisies.

Plum orchids and calla lilies: http://bouquetbridal.blogspot.com/2010/08/red-orchids-and-calla-lilies-bouquet.html
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards