Flowers
Options

instead of bouquets for bridesmaids...

would it be ok to do corsages just like the mothers? would that be tacky?
Anniversary

Re: instead of bouquets for bridesmaids...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Well "tacky" really depends on your own definition. One of the best functions of the bridesmaid bouquet, other than looking pretty, is it gives your BMs something to do with their hands. You'll have all sorts of awkward girls walking down the aisle if they have nothing to hold on to.
  • Options
    Jeni35Jeni35 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it is a great idea. My sister suffered a stroke and does not have full use of her left arm. I think asking her to hold a bouquet for 30 minutes would be uncomfortable and I don't want her to be uncomfortable during the wedding. I have ordered nice corsages for both of my bridesmaids and nosegay bouquets for our moms. Since I love flowers; I decided that my sis and fsil (if she wants) can also wear a flower wreath. Both would look really pretty and my sis loves the idea! Otherwise, my sister can wear the flower wreath (to identify her as my moh). I am handing my bouquet to my fsil during the ceremony so i think it is all good. Both maids will have their hands together walking down the aisle. It's not tacky at all!
  • Options
    pavingtheroadpavingtheroad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about parasols, a fan, or a single flower??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Planning Bio
    123image 64image 35 image 24image RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2010
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm having corsages made for my bridesmaids simply because knowing them, they won't hold on to their bouquets for long, hehe! The corsages will get more visibility :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would personally do a single flower instead of a corsage.
  • Options
    CA2MT4EveRCA2MT4EveR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Corsages sometimes have a dated feel.  Meaning it's something Grandma's love, or it feels like prom.  I would do a single flower rather than a corsage.
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards