Flowers
Options

Real vs Fake

Just curious how many of you are using fake flowers. We decided to go with fake for all centerpieces and real flowers for bouquets just to try to cut cost. What are you ladies doing?
Anniversary

Re: Real vs Fake

• Options
    kpkeaneykpkeaney member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was thinking of doing this too but haven't made a final decision.
    Anniversary Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That was my plan, too, but I mentioned it to my dad yesterday, and he wants me to at least find out what it would cost to do real centerpieces. He's paying, but I was trying to save him money.
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did DIY real.  It saved on cost, but you can't do those weeks in advance, they have to be done the day before.  That workd for me since I was able to take a day off from work, had help from my mom, and didn't have tons of other projects/set-up. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    PhoneCardLadyPhoneCardLady member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    I am still up in the air.  I did show my BF the bouquet arrangement I liked (in a silk flower book) and he liked it - said you could do real or silk.
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing all real flowers. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    colstj1colstj1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are doing all real flowers! We have found a great florist who charges us wholesale for her flowers! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm still up in the air. We were thinking about mixing it up like you mentioned, but now we're thinking about changing our centerpieces. We're going to have some of our favorite books as centerpieces for the table, with little vases on top so we won't need as many flowers as we had originally planned so we may use real flowers there. Still not sure though.

Good luck to you!

• Options
    graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am DIYing real. It will save us loads and loads of money and I have plenty of time the day before to get them done. They will look and smell wonderful!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am DIYing silks. I am very allergic to all flowers.. but I would have done silks anyway. I like to DIY everything, and flowers are important to me and I want them to look exactly how I envision them.. and the only way to ge tthat is to do them yourself :)
  • Options
    KGB10KGB10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We decided to do fake! Save cost plus we are getting married 14 hours away and finding a flourist and getting them to understand what I want would be much more difficult!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing silks for centerpieces and decor, but real for the bouquets, boutionnieres and corsages.

I don't care what people think. The important thing is that we are focusing on what's important to us.... and $$$$$$ flower bills are not priority!
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I put this together today, fake, and I really like it. I have to consider the set up and take down as well which I will be relying on other people to do and dont want to ask a lot of others, I want them to enjoy themselves. I will be adding some kind of rocks at the bottom.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards