Flowers
Options

~`Flowers of Season`~

What is the flower of season in December? My colors are Hunter Green and Ivory. What other color could I incoporate in the Bouquets, BM Flowers and Boutineers? No purple please. Thanks in advance.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: ~`Flowers of Season`~

• Options
    sunnirainsunnirain member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Amaryllis is always around during winter. I know it comes in white, red and pink. Not sure on other colors.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Magdala9Magdala9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hunter green and ivory alone are very pretty

What about 

holly and ivory roses
    ethereal white pine with ivory roses
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    orchids and tulips too...
  • Options
    doeie04doeie04 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Poinsettias are pretty, if you want the Christmas like look.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    AbbeyS2011AbbeyS2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure where you are located, but your local florist knows what is in season and readily available in your area. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I just did my sister's wedding last Dec; her colors were ivory and red and I used a white rose called "Mount Everest" for the white in her bouquet and the attendants' bouquets; it looked really beautiful and held up really well.  A friend who is a professional florist recommended this particular variety to me for an ivory-white look. We looked at using a white amaryllis called "christmas gift" but my sister really wanted to have roses be the main flower.

I also got roped into doing decorating for a friend's shower earlier this month (which was crazier than my sister's wedding!) and I used white mini-cymbidium orchids. They were so easy to make look fabulous.  I bought them at http://www.flowermuse.com, but you can probably find them other places as well.

Good luck!  No matter what you choose, I'm sure it will look wonderful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards