Flowers
Options

Rememberance Bouquet

I'm working on finishing all my bouquets (since I'm doing silk) and I'm stuck on my Rememberance bouquet.  My PA told me that Rememberance bouquets should be all white roses (since I'm using roses for everything else) and I can't find anything that says that those arrangements have to be white.  My colors are red and white, so the bridesmaids all have white roses and mine is red roses with stephonitis flowers.

Any ideas if I HAVE to have white roses?

Re: Rememberance Bouquet

• Options
    Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They don't "have" to be white, but white roses traditionally symbolize either purity and modest elegance (such as for weddings), or remembrance and reverance (such as for funerals or memorial flowers).  

Back in Victorian times there was a whole language of flowers, and different colored flowers had different symbolic meanings.  
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree they don't have to be white. Something you might want to consider is to use fresh flowers from your garden, or your parent's garden, to symbolize the gift of HOME for your beloved departed. If this doesn't work, do what you want for the price you want.

Good luck.
  • Options
    Ken&CassKen&Cass member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't even know what this is...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards