Flowers
Options

dye flowers?

I was wondering if anyone has used food coloring or flower dye to dye their flowers. My colors are teal and silver, and I don't want plain white flowers. I thought about dye-ing them to see if they would turn teal. If anyone has done this before please offer any advice. Thanks!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Hanna & Cory

Re: dye flowers?

• Options
    flower_divaflower_diva member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    NO NO NO...do NOT use vegetable dye....just as it would stain the flowers it also would stain your dress....go to hobby lobby or michaels and get a product called "design master". It comes in a teal. Also "just for flowers" is a translucent product made by design master. These products are just for using on flowers only and will not come off and stain your hands or fabric
  • Options
    Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, I've never dyed flowers.  Mostly because I think dyed flowers are garishly unnatural, fake, and tacky looking.  (Sorry!)

Have you considered using an accent color, or mixed colors with the turquoise?  When the dresses and flowers are the same color, then tend to blend together, and don't show up in the photos. 

If it's a dark turquoise, or a fall wedding, a mix of deep purples, magenta, wine, coral, rust, and gold would be pretty.

White flowers with soft pink, peach, lavender, blue, green, and yellow for Spring or summer. 

Or medium and bright colors like hot pink, coral, salmon, purple, watermelon, yellow, lime green, etc... would look nice too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for the dye recommendations. I might try them this weekend. I am having a fall wedding so I do appreciate the flower colors you suggested. I didn't really know what to since i've never really seen any teal flowers before and didn't want to have orange or "fall-y" flowers for my wedding.

Maybe I could just add another color, like yellow, to my scheme and have that color for flowers.

Thank you so much for your help!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Hanna & Cory
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards