Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Small Wedding Venues

Hello Ladies,

I am looking for something really small and intimate.  When I say small I am talking just the bride, groom, parents, photographer and officiant.  Does anyone have suggestions for something that small?

I don't want a lot of fuss.  This will be for sometime in March (not sure on the year yet) here in Texas.

Re: Small Wedding Venues

• Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would suggest a restaurant with a small private room.  Maggiano's in Plano and at North Park both have small private rooms and I can't imagine that they would charge you much more than your meal. 

One of the brides here was having the same type of ceremony and she picked Three Forks in Addison.  I don't remember how that worked out for her but she only had about 20 people. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in February at Ferrari's Italian Villa in Addison. The room holds up to about 30. We're having a guestlist of only 20. Below is a picture of the room. They are not charging us a room fee or a food and beverage minimum.

So, we are having the ceremony up in the front of the room in the little alcove (I think that's what you call it). There will be a row of tables on each side making an aisle, and then we will have dinner afterwards.

Ferrari's also has even smaller, more intimate rooms at their Grapevine location. Check out their website. They have pictures of all the rooms.

Good luck!

• Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Dallas Arboretum has some gorgeous ceremony sites for very small groups. Then you could have a party afterwards at a restaurant somewhere.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Maybe one of the little parts of Chestnut Square in McKinney or they have a little chapel too- it's quaint.
  • Options
    DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For the DFW area: I would suggest Fort Worth Botanical Gardens over Dallas Arboretum.  Fees are way way cheaper.  And you if want to splurge, dinner at Lanny's Alta Cocina afterwards.  Or more budget, Joe T Garcia's.

If you're willing to consider San Antonio: google "Marriage Island."  I can't imagine a better spot for a small intimate wedding right on the Riverwalk.
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies!  You all have been a great help.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards