Flowers

Flower help

What do you all think of these flowers together? My colors are royal blue, white, and silver accents. Unfortunately, there are very few royal blue flowers. I found the blue dendrobium orchids, and fell in love with them. I really want to use daisies because my ring is shaped like one, and that is going to be our overall theme.

The reason I am asking is because one of the florists I've been to says that they don't go well together, "they give off a different vibe". However, none of the other 5 florists that I've seen have mentioned that, so I am kind of confused. Now hes put it in my head that they don't go, and i see what he is saying, and I don't want my reception to look silly. There will be other flowers used in the bouqets, but these are the ones I want to use for the centerpieces and ceremony decoration.

Thanks!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Flower help

• edited December 2011
    I do agree that they are kind of opposites. The orchids give off a sexy, sophisticated vibe and the daisies are very cheerful and happy. 

Why not stick with your daisy theme, but then use royal blue ribbons etc. to bind the stems?  Or incorporate a blue crystal brooch into the bouquet or something?  If found this one for 4.99 after a quick Google search for "Blue daisy brooch"

• graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I kind of like them together. The colors will look awesome next to one another. If you are worried, I would go to a large nursery and put those 2 next to each other. I saw blue orchids at Bachmans the other day-- not sure if you have those in WI, but another good florist/nursery might carry them. Or you could always go to Michaels and stick some silk ones together, just to see what the styles look like. You might end up with something really unique and fantastic. 
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Don't like them together,,,  
    plus those orchids are DYED and could stain dresses...
     look at VOLKERFRIEDEN delphinium instead... or gentian flowers... both are deep blue and natural. 

• cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the only reason they don't go together is because they are two different shapes.
  • edited December 2011
    If you are using gerbera daisies, they will go with the orchids. 
    the picture is definately a gerbera daisy.  Bunches Bob, floral designer
    Bunches Bob "Have Fun With Those Blooms"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards