Flowers
Options

Boutonnieres?

I am thinking of making my own, has anybody done this? Is it not worth the stress? Do you know how to?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Boutonnieres?

• Options
    edited December 2011
      Yes, they take more effort than a lot of people think. You'll need to wire up every leaf and bud that goes into it, wrap in stem tape and them put them together and wrap with more stem tape. My FI's best friend got married last year and planned on doing her own flowers for the WP. She was going to do them all by herself the night before her wedding. Luckily, I went to drop something off at her room and saw the flowers. I ended up making 10 boutonniers, 4 BM bouquets and the bride's bouquet. It took me about 1.5 hours with help (I used to work at my mom's flower shop, but was a little rusty).
      My best advice would be to keep them simple and practice, practice, practice! Buy some floral wire (fine and heavy guage), wire cutters, stem tape and cheap flowers.
  • Options
    flower_divaflower_diva member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    and my 2cents worth is after you spend all the time practicing,buying the flowers to practice with you might as well have gone to a proifessional florist ,told them what your budget was and enjoyed the days before your wedding instead of panicking over making your own flowers...................................
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    the wire and tape thing also totally shoots any manicure you might have just gotten... so add that in too...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards