Flowers
Options

Flowers: Real or Fake?

Are you using real or fake flowers? or are you using some real and some fake? If your mix/matching what are the real ones being used for?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Flowers: Real or Fake?

• Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used all real flowers.  I'm not a fan of artificial because you can tell they are artificial (99% of the time).
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using fake flowers in my centerpieces.  My reception hall does not allow candles so I wanted to go with flowers, but I don't have the budget for real ones, so I've been stocking up when they go on sale.  I do want real flowers for the bouquets and bouts, however, since those will be photographed more.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mef I was thinking of doing the same. Thanks ladies!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used realtouch, aka fake.  You can't even tell.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker

VOTE on my Name List

• Options
    future-mrsfuture-mrs member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going the Real Touch way also...I think they look really nice for what they are.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow i would have never known by looking at the pictures! They look great!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Fake, and other than the $$ of my pomanders, it was way cheaper and friendly to my budget
    image. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    melissa_johnsmelissa_johns member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using fake flowers for church decorations (pews, alter) and real for centerpeices and bouquets.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using fake for all my flowers. I don't really want to spend the $$ on real and I would like to keep my bouquets and stuff...for memories.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    wrdgirlwrdgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fake: silk for bouquets and handcrafted tissue paper flowers for centerpieces (giving it a fun, casual style since my wedding isn't going to be formal).  I'm not a big flower person so it doesn't matter. 

However I might consider a real flower bouquet just for photographs (grab something on day-of at the grocery store).  Still debating on that one. 

In the end it really depends on what is important to you I guess.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to use fake with some of the decorations for the ceremony.  Matter of fact, I found 2 large wreaths with white peonies (wedding colors are pink, green, and white) for 70% off at Michael's craft store the other day.  I paid $9 for each.  They look gorgeous!  If people want to judge me for having some fake flowers then so be it.
  • Options
    Erika LimpinErika Limpin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm making all of the flowers -centerepices, bouquets- w/ origami roses.  I need to post pictures, but they're stunning :)  We have a friend who is a florist (didn't find out til halfway through the project), and he said they look so much cooler than real flowers, plus they're totally unique.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Erika, do you have any pictures up yet for your origami bouquets? I would love to see them!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards