Flowers
Options

No Contract Florist

I just met with a Wedding Florst yesterday, and she apparently has a good reputation, but after we were done discussing everything she said all I ask is a good solid promise that you are going to choose me and I will put you down on the calender.  I do not require a contract or a deposit, just it paid in full a month before the wedding.  She does right up the proposal with all the correct flowers and has me review it, but it still worries me.  If there's no contract, she could totally change the price closer to the date or not even show up with the flowers. I didn't get a bad feeling, but still I've never heard of that.  My FI's sister is using her for her wedding, and am surprised they would go for that. The quote she gave me was affordable and perfect for what I would like to spend, yet not too low, that it's fishy. Thoughts Ladies??

Re: No Contract Florist

• Options
    I would not work with a florist or any vendor that does not have contracts.  That means that if anything goes wrong (she is a no-show, dead flowers, increased price, etc) then you have no recourse.

If you like her work and like the price I would talk with her about writing up a formal contract.  If she will not do a formal contract tell her thanks but no thanks.

A hand shake is nice and all but that won't help you if she bails and has all of your money.

• Options
    A contract is meant to protect both of you.  Without it, both of you are in jeopardy of the other not fulfilling the obligation.  I would not put myself in that situation, either as the bride or as the florist.

Bad idea.
  • Options
    The contract protects YOU and her.  Get one or don't do business with her.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • Options
    Thank you!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards