Flowers
Options

Flower colors

Hi everyone!  I am going to have my bridesmaids wear Kelly Green dresses, and I was thinking that maybe some bright pink flowers might look nice, but I'm still not sure.  Any thoughts or ideas?  Also, any recommendations on types of flowers?  I am on a tight budget, so I can't go "out of control" with things.

Thanks in advance! :)

Re: Flower colors

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm no help with the types of flowers but I love green and pink.  A girl on my local had that color palette and it was lovely.  She used really bright (not pale) pinks and she also used some reds (since she is Chinese).  Something creative she also did was use green apples in her centerpieces which helped cut down on flowers/cost.
  • Options
    kimmieniesinkkimmieniesink member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think if you like the pink but don't want too much contrast go with some yellow as well, and for budget friendly think what will be in season for your wedding, and daisies are always nice and reasonably priced. Also, consider seeing what they have available at places like Costco and Sam's Club, where I live they are only $30 a bouquet to come prepared, or you can order wholesale and wrap your own.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gerbera daisies, roses, and carnations are cheaper flowers that come in great pinks. If you go a little higher, there are some lovely orchids. Pom poms might be a budget idea as well. I suggest visiting a site like growersbox.com or fiftyflowers.com and searching through their extensive lists. They have tons of colors and varieties to whet your appetite. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    doeie04doeie04 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think if you went with a bright, rich pink, it would look really pretty!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with what some of the pps have said - if you're going with pink, go bold pink. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like pink, maybe more of a fuschia pink? :)
  • Options
    lilcasserslilcassers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i LOVE pink and green together!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards