Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

GTKY: 2013 Edition

2»

Re: GTKY: 2013 Edition

• It is the price comparison.  His work is basically freelance and he believes in charging very little.  He also wouldd rather do the editing himself.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Re:GTKY: 2013 Edition:[QUOTE]It is the price comparison. nbsp;His work is basically freelance and he believes in charging very little. nbsp;He also wouldd rather do the editing himself. Posted by baxterdreamer[/QUOTE]

Yeah I can see that. The experienced wedding photographers that are sought after do charge a premium so I can understand that it might be a shock. But would he want someone else editing HIS work? Probably not.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_gtky-2013-edition?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:54537055-b4ef-4b26-b641-823bad31adcaPost:466b055c-77cd-4bbb-8045-73dcc1106d6a">Re: GTKY: 2013 Edition</a>:
    [QUOTE]It is the price comparison.  His work is basically freelance and he believes in charging very little.  He also wouldd rather do the editing himself.
    Posted by baxterdreamer[/QUOTE]
    From someone who has a similar experience/stance as your FI, DON'T do this. Seriously, just pay a professional who does this all the time. We went with a friend of ours who has similar equipment (and who DH went to film school with) and we were severely disappointed. Our videographer was also a "colleague" who shot our wedding, and my DH was incredibly disappointed with the footage. A good wedding photographer is worth every penny. I promise you- you would rather pay for someone good than pay a little for someone you know and be disappointed. There are no re-do's. 
  • baxterdreamerbaxterdreamer member
    First Comment
    edited January 2013
    Thank you ladies!!!! I actually told him what y'all told me. It helped tremendously! I know that sounds incredible but sometimes it seems he needs back up lol It also helped tremendously that I told him y'all understood where he was coming from. Maybe he just wanted to know I understood his point? Thank you!!!! I'm so excited to have new friends to share this journey with!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards