Flowers
Options

White Flowers??

My colors are red, white and black and my current plan is to carry red roses for my bouquet, then have my bridesmaids (in red dresses) carry white flowers, each carrying a different one of my favorite flowers. The problem is, I only have 4 favorite flowers and a total of 5 bouquets to design, including mine. Currently we have red roses for me, white calla lilies, white casablanca lilies and white orchids.

Does anyone have an idea for another white flower keeping with this very (in my opinion) classy, simple flower look? I really don't need too many petals or "busy" flowers but I can't come up with any good ideas. Help?

(Also, does this seem like a silly idea entirely?)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: White Flowers??

• Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011

It's not a "silly idea" if it's what you want. We all deserve to have what we and our fiance agree to, regardless of what others think. Personally, I think it's a cute idea, and reflects YOU.

Look at some online websites like www.theflowerexchange.com, www.fiftyflowers.com, www.growersbox.com. Many of the sites have a way to look by flower or by color.

If you run out of "favorite" flowers, maybe your MOH or someone else could carry white roses, to complement your red roses?

Good luck. I'm sure it will be lovely.

• Options
    Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Unless you especially like the look of the BMs carrying all one type of flower, why not just mix them up.  All the flowers you mentioned would look great mixed together.

If not, for a more elegant look, maybe peonies, tulips, ranunculas, amarylis, gardenia, or alstromerias.  For a more old fashioned/romantic look maybe hydrangeas, stock, or snapdragons.  For a more fun or casual look, maybe gerbers, daisies, dahlias, or zinnias.
  • Options
    CA2MT4EveRCA2MT4EveR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your florist will probably charge you up the @$$ for all different ones unless you are using the flowers elsewhere as well because they still have to order a whole bunch of something
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • Options
    gaharvardgaharvard member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think each BM with diferent flowers is beautiful. I did all white bouquets for a friend-- the bride had callas, the BM carried tulips, roses, ranuculas and stock all in white.

Go for it and good luck.
  • Options
    emmy82087emmy82087 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    try roses, gerbera daisies, carnations...
    Mrs. Emily Wolcott June 11, 2011 :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards