Flowers
Options

Real Flowers or Silk Flowers

I have been talking to florists and the lowest they are saying for fresh flowers is about 1500 for just my wedding party alone. I have been looking at silk flowers also and they seem to be a lot less. My wedding colors are white, red, and black. The flowers were going to be a combnination of gardenias, red roses, and stephonotis. Has anyone used silk flowers and do you have any recommendations on where to get them? Or has anyone just ordered fresh flowers in bulk and did their own arrangements? Any insights from anyone would be greatly appreciated. Smile

Re: Real Flowers or Silk Flowers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The gardenias and stephanotis may be driving your price up a bit. 
    Have you considered getting fake gardenias/stephanotis, and mixing them in with fresh greens and fresh red roses?

If you get good quality silks (or latex) this might look nice and save you a bit of money.  you'd really have to price it out, though.
    NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have been looking online at places that do the silk RealFlowers. I have been looking mostly at afloral.com. I might order some just to see how they are before putting in a big order of everything.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would suggest using flowers in the same color but less expensive per stem. If you really want gardenias and stephanotis why not use them in your bouquet and leave them out of the others.

Look at various online wholesale websites for flowers and try a DIY bouquet first to see if you like the company or the bouquets you make. I would personally use silk as a last result just because it looks really cheap to me.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think fake flowers look fake, no matter how good the quality is.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi there,
    I do custom orders for all types of fabric or paper flowers for wedding and party decor. I would be happy to create a bouquet set for you. I have some photos up that you can look at on Flickr
    http://www.flickr.com/muddyhorsestudio
    http://www.etsy.com/muddyhorsestudio

For the quickest response please either contact me on Etsy or by e-mail
    etsy.com/MuddyHorseStudio
    MuddyHorseStudio@yahoo.com

I am new to theknot.com and I am happy that I was directed to the sight by a friend who was admiring my current satin rose bouquet project.
  • Options
    AbbeyS2011AbbeyS2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you have your heart set on real flowers, check out this website:

www.Bridesign.com

I am thinking of using them for my wedding - the reviews I have read have been great, and their prices are reasonable.  You can buy bouquets and bouts and centerpieces already made and shipped to you, or you can purchase bulk flowers. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    SarahSmile23SarahSmile23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i agree that cheap real flowers will always look better than silk flowers. i went to a wedding where they used all pink carnations and it was stunning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards