Flowers
Options

Purple spray of flowers

tldhtldh member
First Comment
Can someone suggest a flower that will be in bloom in the fall that is purple and not heavy?  My bouquet is polar roses and white lisianthus. I want light touches of purple to accent it.
AKA GoodLuckBear14

Re: Purple spray of flowers

• Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011

I have a lavender plant that blooms at least 2-3 times a year. It's getting ready to bloom for the first time, then it will bloom later. I would imagine a florist can find fresh lavender, but if you or they can't, you could always used dried lavender.

Most florists or online floral vendors have their flowers grown in South America. You can probably get several flowers in the fall in purple. Try for small lavender colored rose buds.

Good luck.

• Options
    bidge24bidge24 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    what about purple freesia?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

Unless you are growing them yourself, you can get almost any kind of flowers year round, they don't have to be "in season".  Florists and flower shops get several shipments a week, from suppliers that use growers all over the world.

If you want smallish lavender "filler flowers", then try limoneum in purple haze (left), or purple statice (right). 

If you want flowers, but smallish ones, try alstromeria (L), spray roses (R), or asters  or pom poms:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards