Flowers

tacky?

We are spending a lot of money on our wedding and are looking to cut back on other things. We plan on having tall centerpieces. Would it be tacky if we used fake flowers?

Re: tacky?

• Not if you get good fake flowers. Look into doing things besides flowers too, like twigs and lights, they can look really cool in tall centerpieces and save some money. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • depends on the look you are going for..........Most(98%)of the silk flowers I have seen at reception from do it yourself brides look... tacky.  JMO
  • To get silk flowers that look comparable to real ones, you will spend almost as much, if not more. If you speak with your florist, they can offer you options for similar or better prices than silk and you will be much happier. Also, they can suggest flowers that look similar to the flowers you want that are less expensive if you picked expensive blooms. We wanted to do single lily blooms in our centerpieces and thought we could only afford artificial, which we thought looked very fake. I explained to our florist what I was going for and she was able to quote me a better price and they look SO much better.
  • Ditto amys- really nice (not tacky) fake flowers are just as expensive, or sometimes more, than real flowers. For a better price, checkout online wholesalers such as Fifty Flowers, Whole Blossoms, etc.

There are lots of really nice non-floral centerpieces that you can get like candles, etc. Also a few vases with one or two submerged flowers with a floating candle is a much cheaper option but still has some flowers.
    Anniversary
  • Fake flowers are almost always more money than real ones if you are DIYing. You can get real rosed for $1 or less a stem, but fake flowers are usually more than that unless you shop a huge seasonal clearance sale. I would look into DIYing with real flowers to save money vs fake ones.

Photobucket
  • I am partial to real flowers, just a personal thing.  Are you already doing varying heights for centerpeices?  If you want your flowers to make a dramatic statement, keep your taller centerpieces and do non-floral centerpeices for the rest. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards