Flowers
Options

oh bother!

whoopsie! ok so here's the deal--my dress is ivory and my bridesmaids dresses are a navy satin. the girls are wearing dark red pumps (may sound odd but i promise it is super cute!) anyhoo--the obvious choice for flowers for the maids is red, right? too much? and what about my flowers? white? and most importantly, how do i avoid me and my ladies all looking like a big ole american flag?! red white and blue?? uh oh! the dresses and shoe colors are final/definite--so....any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much in advance!

Re: oh bother!

• Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd have bouquets that are mostly white, with touches of red in them, maybe a smaller touch of red in yours. Don't have the blue in the bouquets or it would look exactly the way you don't want it to: a patriotic bouquet

Good luck.
  • Options
    alivesoonalivesoon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would go with just white bouquets too,and if you want, very soft color accents, maybe red for them and blue for you.

dont put it all togehter, they will clash!
  • Options
    rachel7511rachel7511 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks ladies! ok, so if i do mostly white bouquets tho the maids will for sure have red white and blue! (blue dress, red shoes, white bouquets) am i over analyzing this??  grrrr....
  • Options
    MsBunny312MsBunny312 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is it the same shade of red and blue that are on the American flag? If not, I don't think it'll be obviously "patriotic" looking to use white. But I think I'd prefer red flowers either way.
  • Options
    schadbourneschadbourne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i think the bridesmaids bouqets should be all red (that will take care of not using red white and blue in the bridesmaids outfits) I would do either all white for you or all red. If you did all red for you and the bridesmaids you could try a different kind of flower for your bouqet and a different for your bridesmaids (that way your bouqet would be 'special') Good luck!
  • Options
    rachel7511rachel7511 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

what about this? i know youc an barley see the red shoes buti love the yellow against the navy with the red? but is it too much? keep in mind i will have 7 bridesmaids, not two....
    thoughts??  thanks so much to you all!
  • Options
    plessjmplessjm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was going to suggest using yellow as accent color too like Rachel. It totally takes out the possiblity of it looking like a red white and blue wedding. The yellow makes all the colors pop. Good luck!
  • Options
    janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yellow is really pretty as an accent color.
  • Options
    flower_divaflower_diva member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    If you do bokays that are mixed colors,dark and lite blue delphinium,maybe some buttercream,kiwi green,even a touch of orange such as crocosmia,and then use the red as a predominate color,you will NOT get the american flag look. Plus it will still cordinate with your blue and wine color. You can carry a bokay that is similar only larger and with touches of ivory addded to match your dress.Flowers I would suggest would be- light and dark blue delphinium,pale yellow stock or freesia, autum hydrangea ,red hypericum berries ,dark red roses and or gerbera daisies and a touch of orange crocosmia.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards