Flowers
Options

How many flowers?

How many flowers should be in the bridal and bridesmaid bouquets? Would a dozen be enough? Should it be more?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: How many flowers?

• Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you doing them yourself?  Also what flowers are you using?  Some flowers add more volume than others.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
      It depends on how big you want the bouquets, what type of flowers you're using, if you're using filler flowers or greens and how tightly packed you want the bouquets to be. If you're DIYing them, I'd do a trial bouquet and see how you like it, as well I'd probably order a few extra flowers so if any are broken or wilted you have enough.
      You could try googling bouquets with the flowers you plan on using and count how many are in the bouquet. If you are using silk flowers, maybe try to buy them from a place that you can return the unused flowers to and buy more than you think you'll need. If you are DIYing I think silk flowers may be easier. I'm not a fan of silks, but bouquets take a while to make (especially with real flowers because they don't bend and aren't always uniform sizes and shapes) and you'd be able to do them ahead of time.
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used all roses and my bouquet had 26 and my BMs had 7--I thought they were small when I saw them and wished I had done more like a dozen in theirs.
  • Options
    smedina0212smedina0212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, I will not be doing them myself. The venue will be doing them.  They will all be white roses, Mine will have purple jewelry. Okay, I think I may have to discuss this further with them. Thank you !
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can always ask them for pictures of their previous work or have them to a trial bouquet.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_many-flowers-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:28Discussion:fa808168-c8f3-4f3f-8e16-3a7b29a3e98cPost:bddd0e63-fb5d-4602-9fcf-5ea302ceb534">Re: How many flowers?</a>:
    [QUOTE]No, I will not be doing them myself. The venue will be doing them.  They will all be white roses, Mine will have purple jewelry. Okay, I think I may have to discuss this further with them. Thank you !
    Posted by smedina1027[/QUOTE]

Mine were all white roses also.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards