Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Advice Needed...please!

Hi!

So a little background first - My favorite TV show of all time is The Golden Girls.  Anyone who knows me knows this to be true.  It is also very special to me because it was something my grandmother and I watched together before she passed.  She was the best and I really want to have her presence there on our big day!

So I am wondering how I incorporate The Golden Girls theme song (Thank you for being a friend) into our reception.  I don't want it to be our first dance our the grand march, but I do want it to be something fun and give it a little attention!!

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!
Kala

Re: Advice Needed...please!

• phillychica85phillychica85 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lol-I love that theme song too (and the show). Maybe as an anniversary dance? Last dance? Have your DJ annouce the special signifcance beyond it?
    My travel and cooking blog

Maui, November 2011
  • edited December 2011

If both of you are known as being kinda goofy then you could start out your first dance and right before the end of it, break out with that song and start dancing crazy to it. My fiance and I are known as the goofy couple by everyone so we are gonna do that but to some song like "we are family" or "brick house" i dunno yet. I think its a cute idea depending on what personalities yall both have.

• edited December 2011
    I love the golden girls too!  On a side note, my friends and I dressed up as them for Halloween.  I agree with possibly a last song. It would be a sweet way to end the reception.
  • edited December 2011
    What about as a wedding party dance? Assuming, that is, that you are having one. I think it would be a good song choice for that dance because you clearly chose your wedding party because they are your friends.
    He gives me that hummingbird heartbeat.
  • kalaflathaukalaflathau member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you - I like the idea of having it as maybe a wedding party song!

I was also thinking of having our first dance and then breaking out to that - kind of a way to kick the party off!  

I think I will be able to work it in there somehow!! : )

Thanks again! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards