Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Reception music

I know our "main songs" (Unchained Melody-our song, It Won't Be Like This For Long-mine and my dad's song, Take On Me (the song he/his band dedicated to me the night we met)- cutting the cake) but we don't know what else to play. We want something that people can dance to, would like to generally stay away from hip hop, would like a little rock, a little country (not together....no Donnie and Marie please ;]). Any suggestions??

Re: Reception music

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_reception-music-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:0b606609-a170-44af-94e0-cc58c962c283Post:81b6834c-5012-49c0-87f0-a0bc026b1c34">Reception music</a>:
    [QUOTE] <strong>We want something that people can dance to, would like to generally stay away from hip hop, would like a little rock, a little country </strong> 
    Posted by shelby_louis_2011[/QUOTE]

<div>Sounds like that's exactly what you should tell your DJ. He or she will have a large selection and can just mix it up from there. If you're doing your own music, it's really a question of what songs do YOU like? I would just want a random mix of things with a few songs definitely on the "do not play" list.</div>
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    MAMA41206MAMA41206 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    what about like black eyed peas, beyonce, rhianna, type stuff?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards