Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

anyone doing a unity candle song?

was thinking of doing "god blessed the broken road" by rascall flats.  not 100% sold on this idea though

Re: anyone doing a unity candle song?

• Options
    mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I love, love, love, love, that song.  However, I'm not a huge fan of songs for the unity candle.  It takes like 30 seconds to light the candle and now you are just standing there waiting for the song to be over.  If you have a live soloist it's different but just waiting for a cd to finish might make people antsy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    fiddle14fiddle14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the previous poster.  You only need 30 seconds if you're indoors, a little longer if you're outdoors with a breeze.  I would suggest an instrumental song that can be faded out after you move back in front of the officiant.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i don't think i'm using a song...just seems like too short to use one
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're using "Tangled Up In You" by Staind - beautiful!

My Planning Bio ** For Sale
    UPDATED 1/5/11

Anniversary
  • Options
    tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ugh, yes, don't use a whole song! I went to a wedding last year where the bride insisted on using an entire song off a CD, I don't remember what it was but do remember not liking it. It was so awkward just watching them stand there... I think it might have been different if it was a soloist, than you could be watching someone sing or play or whatever...

Sorry, I know that doesn't answer your question.
  • Options
    Poppy715Poppy715 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you did something else in addition to the candle like sign your license at that time it may help stretch things out a bit. I also agree with the PP's it is quite a long song, if you do choose to use it I would fade it out slowly and not use the entire song. 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    kpe04379kpe04379 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My sister is singing a duet with someone during the lighting of the candle. I wanted her to sing a song and we are just going to light the candle while they start singing, sit down, and listen. The song is "Flower Duet" by Delibes- it isn't too long (there are short versions of the main part--the youtube video that comes up is very long!)
  • Options
    M&B2010M&B2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ? does any one have song suggestions for a female soloist? I have this prayer, but need another??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards