Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Trouble finding father daughter song....

I am very athletic and ave been all my life. My dad has coached my teams while I was growing up. I was a tomboy in the sense Id rather go fishing then play with dolls or I rather play baseball then try makeup.... I'm looking for a father daughter song that I could use that mentions something to that extent..... I've heard a song about playing catch in backyard but no idea of the name or artist of the song. I was hoping someone would have the name or know a suggestion of a good song for me? The only one close I have found is Daddy's girl by red sovine ans i'm not a big fan. Please Help

Re: Trouble finding father daughter song....

• Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    What about Stevie Wonder's "Isn't she lovely"?? It is light and fun!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    jerseylaw21jerseylaw21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about "This is my now" by Jordan SparksIt's a great song!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing "Father & Daughter" by Paul Simon for our father/daughter dance.  It's sweet but not sappy/sugary.  I wanted something light and fun.  Good luck!
    image "Always love. Don't wail til the finish line."-Nada Surf
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What type of song was the "playing catch" one you heard? Maybe if you remember where you heard it or more of it, someone will recognize it. Also, remember just because the father-daughter dance typically mentions the relationship, it doesn't have to. It also doesn't have to be a regular slow song. Got a fun memory of your dad that involves music? Use it.  Even if no else "gets it" it will be special because it has meaning to the 2 of you. My dad is passed but when I think of him, the first song that comes to mind is "Put Me in Coach" because he was a big baseball fan.
    I'm pretty sure it's pronounced your mom's a moron and if you didn't have your name legally changed by the age of 22, so are you. Unless you're from another continent. -Groomz
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I want to say it was country maybe pop
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i feel like this is tim mcgraw or someone similar? maybe i just have him on the brain tonight .. i really love "my little girl" .. it makes me cry! nothing about playing ball but i am more of a tomboy as well .. just a great "daddy's little girl" song
  • Options
    caityhadycaityhady member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wildflowers by Tom Petty--its cute but not sappy. It starts out kind of like a dad coming to grips w/ the fact that his daughter is grown up and her own person, but then ends up with him still saying "you belong somewhere close to me". I was a tomboy as well and I think it fits pretty well :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards