Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Processional with no procession?

I am having an intimate wedding (between 15-20 guests). We will only have a best man and matron of honor present - no groomsmen, bridesmaids, flower girl, ring bearer, etc... no procession to speak of. It is outside, so I won't really even be coming down "the aisle." There is a specific song I had always wanted to have played at my wedding, but I can't seem to find anywhere during the ceremony to fit it in. The song, Canon, is generally used as a processional song when the bride enters, but I feel this song is just going too long since I'm not going to be walking down any aisle. Is there any way to fit in the music or should I just not have any music at all?

Re: Processional with no procession?

• Options
    gymbugmj2kgymbugmj2k member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    background music during the ceremony?  As long as you can still hear everyone, theres no reason you can't set the mood with a little music =)
  • Options
    Robyn5298Robyn5298 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_processional-procession?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:166d4df3-6e87-486f-acb0-99e1b3c23b56Post:dcf62db1-ed3c-4fd4-9950-53ca6cffe1df">Re: Processional with no procession?</a>:
    [QUOTE]background music during the ceremony?  As long as you can still hear everyone, theres no reason you can't set the mood with a little music =)
    Posted by gymbugmj2k[/QUOTE]
    I really like this idea!  I've never seen it done before but I think it would work very well with your small, outdoor ceremony.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it could work as background music. You'll want to make sure your guests seated nearest to the musicians/DJ/whatever's playing the music can still hear the ceremony over the music. But it could be nice!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards