Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

wedding music- help!

My wedding is in May and I need to come up with my wedding playlist. I would love suggestions & thoughts.

For my processional, I'm stuck. I want to use "Your Hand in Mine" by Explosions in the sky. Its 7 min long, but I have 7 bridesmaids, one flower girl & myself. Would 50 ish seconds per couple be too long?? The big "bang" happens 6 minutes into the song, which is when I'd want to come into the ceremony hall.

For the unity sand ceremony, we're having a friend play "stolen" by dashboard confessional on piano. Just instrumental. 

For the processional, I want to play "Must have Done Something right" By Relient K. Its upbeat & fun

our first dance song will be our song which is "swing life away" by rise against

Father/daughter is going to be the country song, "I loved her first"

I can't find an awesome mother/son song!! suggestions??

our grand march will be "good night" by BEP

I'm at a loss for songs to have during the cake cutting, the garter toss, bouquet toss & dollar dances. Any suggestions? 

Also, I was thinking of having "Closing Time" By Semisonic for the last song of the reception. Some of my friends think its a bad choice, some think its great. Is it appropriate or not?? 

Thanks!!!Laughing
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: wedding music- help!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I will most likely be having Single Ladies for Bouquet Toss. But I think your songs sound great! :)
  • Options
    enkronerenkroner member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE that you two are using "Swing Life Away" by Rise Against as your first dance!  Rise Against is amazing and that's one of my favorite songs... I've been trying to figure out where to incorporate it in our wedding. =)
    I am also stumped on the mother-son dance.  These are the other songs I was thinking so far:
    Bouquet Toss:  Single Ladies by Beyonce or Any Man of Mine by Shania Twain
    Garter Toss:  Danger Zone by Kenny Loggins (only appropriate a top gun song make an appearance since FI is a pilot!)  or maybe Another One Bites the Dust by Queen
    Cake Cutting:  Smile by Uncle Kracker
    I am also thiking about using Grow Old with You by Adam Sandler for the Unity Sand, but people have also suggested it for the Cake Cutting. 
    I think Closing Time for the last song is perfect and goes well with your other choices!  If you two like it, that's all that matters.  =)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think 7 minutes for your processional is way too long. Doesn't matter how long the aisle is, it will feel like an eternity to you and your guests. Since you obviously love the song (and yeah, it's a good song!), I recommend starting the song a few minutes in, maybe just before the 5min. mark or later, or basically just pick out your favorite 1.5-2 minutes of the song and play that (if you practice the walk you'll know what I mean...too much time is no good).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards