Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Reception music!

So I'm having my wedding at a greenhouse and it's very intimate and romantic! When I was putting together a playlist of music for the reception I just couldn't put any party songs on the list because I felt like it wouldn't really go with the venue. I'm kind of worrying about this because I want everyone to dance and have a good time but any loud party songs would just seem awkward to play there. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions, should I stick with my slow romantic music or kick it up a notch?! Below is the link for the website of the green house.

Future Angie Ayrton

Re: Reception music!

• Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think that people will be equating the music choice with the venue.  You're overthinking this.

They'll be thinking "Wow~I have to get to the dance floor for this one!" or "Man, this music really sucks."

I don't picture anyone saying "Gosh, I'm in a greenhouse, and she's playing "Bat out of Hell!  How inappropriate for this lovely setting."!
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I agree you are overthinking it. Just worry about everyone enjoying the day & celebrating at your venue with great music!!

GL!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yep, I agree as well.
This discussion has been closed.