Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Mother of the bride and groom dance..

I want me mother and FH to have a special dance at the recpetion.. I am looking for a song that lyrics go with the occasion. Maybe something about a mother watching her daughter grow up or a mother giving her daughter away.. something to that effect. Any ideas?

Thank you! :)

Re: Mother of the bride and groom dance..

• Options
    What about "Mama's Song" by Carrie Underwood? Although, maybe the song should be more about your mom and your FI and they're relationship rather than about you. 
    Visit The Nest! image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    That is a good song! Do you know any songs that are aimed more towards the mother and groom?
  • Options
    Is this an additional dance everyone will have to sit and watch or is this something where others will also be dancing?  "special dances" get old real quick and if you are doing a first dance, dad/daughter dance, mother/son dance, and then mil/sil dance that is asking an awful lot of your guests.

I think a dance like that would be great if it everyone was invited to join them.
  • Options
    My mom and FH do want to have a dance but we are having trouble thinking of songs. I was asking if people had any suggestions for the song.. I was thinking about having them dance to a song and in the middle of the song, invite others to dance. I agree with too many special dances take so long!
  • Options
    How about you dance with your FFIL and your FI dances with your mom.  This can be done later in dance portion of the evening.  The DJ will announce introduce the song.  Guests can dance throughout the duration of the song if they so choose.

Some ideas:

"You've Got a Friend" -- James Taylor
    "My Wish" -- Rascal Flats
    "What A Wonderful World" -- Louis Armstrong
    Visit The Nest! image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    That is a good idea! Thank you! Thank you for the song ideas too! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards