Options

What is your First Dance Song?

2»

Re: What is your First Dance Song?

• Options
    lturpynlturpyn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This won't be helpful for you, but our first dance song is in Dutch :)  My fiance and I live in the Netherlands (he's from there) and a lot of our Dutch friends/family are flying over for the wedding (in Virginia) so I wanted something that would incorporate their culture as well.  The name of the song is, "stop de tijd"  (or "stop the time") and the chorus is (it flows better in Dutch):

"With you, tonight
    The stars all seem to be in the right place
    And I want to be close to you, until the sun rises
    I don't ever want to lose this moment
    Stop the time, tonight"

I'm a big fan of picking a song for it's lyrics, so I'd suggest thinking about something you want to be sung in the song and googling some text--you might find a good song that way!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing "Then" by Brad Paisley
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My fiance and I are dancing to "Only One In Color" by Trapt.

He said he heard this song on his way home from meeting me for the first time and he instantly knew I was the one. He says this song says it all when it comes to me.
  • Options
    kbennett18kbennett18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wedding is a long way off, but right now we are considering "Smile" by Uncle Kracker.  It's fun and upbeat, with a sweet message. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're using "All I Ever Needed" by Bret Michaels.  FI and I have been together for a number of years and have hit a few bumps along the way, so we thought the lyrics to this song were perfect and the harmony with the female singer in the song is really pretty.  Plus I love Bret Michaels, but don't tell FI :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards